- To embed the IB profile throughout the curriculum from 2017 as an IB World School.
- To ensure all students are fully prepared for the next stage of education.
- To improve progress measures across all subjects but particularly core.
- To achieve greater proportion of higher grades to allow more students to study IB at 6th Form.
- To ensure a wide range of study with meaningful onward routes.
Progression from Year 7 to Year 12
- The IB learner profile enables the curriculum to embed the values and ethos of the school.
- A transition group in Year 7 supports those in our SRP (ASD) but is structured to allow movement throughout the year into the mainstream.
- KS3 is banded with a particular focus on progress of high ability students and support of students with SEN.
- KS3 is broad and balanced; as a school we are passionate about ensuring KS3 students study creative, technology and computing based subjects.
- KS4 options offer a range of opportunities – we offer an EBACC choice but until this gives students the opportunity to achieve as they should this will be a very small number.
- Vocational subjects are offered at KS4 but offer a pathway into KS5 vocational subjects and the IBCP.
- Other vocational subjects (Hair & Beauty) may be offered to a small number of KS4 students – these are not recognised in the performance tables but are used as a motivational tool to ensure these students perform well across the board.
- We access off site alternative curriculum at present through the MMAP but we are exploring other alternatives.
Opportunities for PPG beyond the classroom
- Subsidised trips
- Counselling service
- PPG students in Year 11 assigned a mentor
Opportunities for most able
- Triple Science curriculum
- All KS4 high attainers mentored by SLT
- Revision courses in holidays for 9/8/7 students