Hair & Beauty
NVQ Level 2 in hairdressing and beauty therapy;
The hair and beauty industry is ever growing and continues to be a multimillion pound business.
Hairdressing and beauty therapy is the most rewarding and diverse career, and never before have qualified hairdressers and beauty therapist had such a variety of career options to further their careers and learning experience.
Year 12 Hairdressing
During this course you will work on a range of different units in order to achieve the full qualification.
What will I learn.?
- Health and safety.
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation.
- Advise and consultation with clients.
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp.
- Change colour hair .
- Style and finish hair.
- Set and dress hair.
- Cut hair using basic techniques.
- Plait and twist hair.
- Develop and maintain your effective at work.
Year 12 Beauty Therapy
This course will cover all the practical skills and techniques along with the knowledge and understanding that is needed to achieve the full level 2 qualification.
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- G20 Health and safety.
- B4 Provide facial skin care treatment.
- B5 Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes.
- B6 Carrying out waxing services.
- B8 Provide make-up services.
- N2/N3 Provide manicure and pedicure services.
- Reception duties.
- Consult with clients.
Year 13 Beauty Therapy.
Qualification in Beauty Therapy has been designed to enhance the career path of those wishing to have an all-round career.
- Provide body massage.
- Provide Indian head massage.
- Carryout massage using pre-blended oils.
- Provide stone therapy treatments.
- Make up using air brush techniques.
- Spray tanning.
Useful Websites - Hair Design
www.cityandguilds.com - City and Guilds
www.MyHairdressers.com - My Hairdressers