The IB Careers-Related Programme
What is the IB Career-related Programme (IB CP)?
The IB CP combines highly regarded and internationally recognised IB Diploma Programme subjects with an approved career-related study and a unique IB CP core. Therefore, because of the flexibility of the IB CP, we have been able to create our own distinct version of this programme at The Holmesdale School offering a variety of IB subjects as well a choice of level 3 BTEC subjects
The aim of the IB CP is to provide students with both an academic and practical foundation to support both their further studies and/or specialised training, thereby ensuring their success in the workforce. The Holmesdale School offers the IB Career-related Programme (IB CP) as an innovative and unique education programme for students specifically tailored for students who wish to engage in career-related learning.
- Develop a broad range of career-related competencies and to deepen their understanding in general areas of knowledge.
- Prepare for effective participation in an ever-changing world of work.
- Foster the attributes of the learner profile allowing students to become true lifelong learners willing to consider new perspectives.
- Engage in learning that makes a positive difference to future lives.
- Become a self-confident person ready for life in the 21st century.
IB CP students engage with a challenging programme of study that genuinely interests them while gaining transferable and lifelong skills in applied knowledge, critical thinking, communication, and cross-cultural engagement. They are well prepared to succeed at institutions of higher learning. The IB CP is valued by universities and employers alike for the students’ preparedness in their new environment.
The IB CP subjects on offer in September 2017
The IB CP is a full-time programme that is built around three interconnected elements:
- at least two Diploma Programme courses
- The IB CP core that includes Personal and Professional Skills, Service Learning, Language development and the holistic Reflective Project
- an approved career-related study
2 x IB subjects.
- Design Technology
- Info. Tech. in a Global Society
- Social & Cultural Anthropology
1 x single or double
Career Related Studies subject.
- Art & Design
- Sports Studies
- Health & Social Care
- Business Management
- Personal and Professional Skills
- Service Learning
- Language Development
- Reflective Project
How to apply? Please visit http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/college-sixth-form-employment-and-training
Links for detailed information
|File||File Size||Date Published|
|Sixth Form Dress Code 2018 - V2
Downloaded 37 time(s).
|442 KB||Mar 13, 2018||Download|
|Letter to 6th Form Parents - March 2018
Downloaded 56 time(s).
|516 KB||Mar 12, 2018||Download|
|THS IB CP Student Handbook_2017 - 08 / 09 /2017
Downloaded 311 time(s).
|1 MB||Sep 8, 2017||Download|
|BTEC Subject Inserts - Sixth Form 2016-2017
Downloaded 185 time(s).
|1005 KB||Nov 9, 2016||Download|
|Sixth Form Prospectus
Downloaded 253 time(s).
|852 KB||Nov 8, 2016||Download|
|IB Subjects 2017
Downloaded 210 time(s).
|2 MB||Nov 8, 2016||Download|
|IB Subjects Grade Descriptors
Downloaded 91 time(s).
|445 KB||Nov 8, 2016||Download|
|Parent Pack - IB credentials stand out
Downloaded 64 time(s).
|609 KB||Nov 8, 2016||Download|
|Parent Pack - faqs about the cp
Downloaded 66 time(s).
|220 KB||Nov 8, 2016||Download|
Downloaded 84 time(s).
|583 KB||Nov 8, 2016||Download|
|IB CP Core
Downloaded 118 time(s).
|451 KB||Nov 8, 2016||Download|
IB CP video: https://player.vimeo.com/video/79667818
IB learner profile video: https://player.vimeo.com/video/66637103
Connect to the IB and Connect to the World: https://player.vimeo.com/video/66630621
To find out more please contact:
Mr R. Smout – IB CP Coordinator (email@example.com)