Key Stage 3 Physical Education Curriculum Intent
A high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
The PE curriculum aims to ensure that all students develop a life-long love for sport and physical activities. We aim to promote a wide range of sports that allow students to experience things they may wish to continue in later life.
The Physical Education curriculum aims to ensure that all students:
- are inspired to be lifelong participants in sport and exercise
- aim to actively pursue a healthy lifestyle
- enjoy a range of sport, showing skills and knowledge in them
- develop a leadership role through coaching, teaching, or supporting others.
- have the knowledge to access Level 2 or 3 courses in sport
Key Stage 3 - Physical Education Overview